SolarFest, Inspiring sustainability for 20 years. SolarFest is the Northeast’s longest running solar powered music festival and sustainability conference.In the beginning, the idea was simply to demonstrate the power of the sun by harnessing its energy to deliver a first class music festival. Over time we have grown to include programming for all ages, including hands on and in-depth educational opportunities, music, theater, and art.SolarFest empowers and inspires people to make positive change in their own lives, and in their communities. Our mission is to connect people, the arts, ideas and technology, fostering partnerships for a vibrant present and a sustainable future.Join us for a day or the entire weekend – come and camp, or stay in a B&B! Forget-Me-Not Farm in Tinmouth, Vermont - July 18-20, 2014.More info at: http://www.solarfest.org/
THE BURLINGTON, VERMONT HACKATHON
Saturday, May 31 and Sunday, June 1
Generator (Memorial Auditorium Annex)
250 Main Street
Burlington Vermont 05401
Join thousands of participants from around the world for National Day of Civic Hacking on Saturday, May 31 and Sunday, June 1 at Generator in Burlington, Vermont. Organized by Code for BTV, the Burlington event will bring together software developers, technology integrators, designers, makers and civic hackers to improve our communities through technology. You don’t need to be an expert to participate; you just have to care about your neighborhood and community.
Code for BTV Birthday Celebration
National Day of Civic Hacking marks the first year of Code for BTV, and we’ll be celebrating on the Burlington waterfront starting after the first day of hacking on Saturday, May 31. Families and friends are welcome!
Eco Logic All, a Vermont Makers Meetup
Looking at ecological issues through the arts, economies & technologies. Come together to culture curiosity into the logic of creations that impact our ecologies.
Thursday, June 19th, 7pm
Generator, in the Annex at Memorial Auditorium, 250 Main St., Burlington
ArtDuino Maker Camp is Coming!
August 4 – 8 9:30 am – 3:30 pm Shelburne Farms Coach Barn
From the creators of the Champlain Mini Maker Faire and Cognizant, Making the Future comes the
ArtDuino Maker Camp!
Day campers ages 10-18 will avail themselves the art of making by exploring: electronic wearables, Arduino micro controllers, robotics, 3D printing, wireless controls and musical instrument making alongside dance, theatrics, and story hacking. Activities culminate at week’s end in a community performance and show and tell. Pre and post camp daycare is available on site.
Go Here to Register for ArtDuino Maker Camp
A Week of Exploring
- With more than 7 maker instructors (coming from across the USA), teacher apprentices, parent chaperones, and guest speakers, campers will experience a week of exploring new technologies, creation, and innovation that will spark their imaginations and a quest for learning, doing, and creating. On Monday, the group will gather to vote on a theme for the week. Theme choices include Story Hack, Movement, and more. Below is a sample schedule for the week (subject to change):
- 9:30-10:30 Story Hack or Movement
- 10:30-11:30 E-wearables, JunkMan, or Costume Hack
- 11:30-12:00 Art, Movement, or Costume Hack
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00-2:00 Robots, JunkMan, Art, or Costume Hack
- 2:00-3:30 Junkman Music, Movement, Set Design, or Costume Hack